Thursday, August 20, 2015

Why I Believed

Of the various bits of information gathering I've undertaken in my quest for truth, one resource stands out as most accurately and succinctly approximating my own thinking.
Ken Daniels' Why I Believed is a generous-hearted, clear-headed and articulate accounting of a former missionaries journey from evangelical faith to a non-theistic belief system.


Ken's former theology is not identical to my former theology, but they are close enough that his questions and mine largely align, and his critique speaks well enough to my context.  Ken appears to be more self-disciplined and more devoted than I ever managed to achieve, though!

I never made it to the mission field, though I was employed in full-time ministry for some years.

For those wanting to know my story, Ken's book is a sensible place to start.  There's no point my reinventing the wheel.

I hope to gather various resources that I've found helpful or that help explain my position.  This one is generously made available free of charge on Ken's website, or there are paid versions for which Ken donates the proceeds to charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment